Limited services are now available at 16 Third Avenue.
Its good to be back.
Palm Beach Neighbourhood Centre has been successful in obtaining $50,000 through the Switched-on Communities grant program, thanks to QCOSS. This grant will be used to:
Improve the access of information available to consumers and on issues including:
•electricity pricing and contract conditions
•how to compare offers to find a better electricity deal
•how to access assistance and consumer protections.
We aim to enhance the skills, knowledge and confidence of residential electricity consumers and in particular we hope to support,
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
• people facing financial hardship
• people with disability or their carers
• people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
If your organisation is on the Gold Coast, assists vulnerable consumers and you are interested in one of our workshops, contact 0755 98 1505
In addition, if you are a vulnerable member of the community and would like information yourself, we will able to offer information on a face to face basis from October onwards.
Appointments will be taken mid-September onwards for individual appointments at 16 Third Avenue.
- Child, Youth and Parent Counselling
- Community Computer/internet
- Community meeting room
- Financial Counselling
- Financial Counselling - Problem Gambling
- Information & Referral
- Legal Information (Gold Coast Legal Service 55 329 611)
- Money Management Workshops
- Parenting workshops
- Personal development programs
- Clinical Psychologist-bulk billing
- Support groups
- Tax Help (July-Oct)
- Youth information & support